BIBLE ONLY TEACHING
CHRIST SAID IF YOU REJECT MY WORDS MY WORDS WILL JUDGE YOU
KJV John 12:48
48. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath
one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge
him in the last day.
ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED OF GOD
KJV 2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable
for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished
unto all good works.
WE ARE TO SPEAK THE WORD OF GOD
KJV 1 Peter 4:11
11. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any
man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God
in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise
and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
THE WORD WILL SHOW US THE PATH
KJV Psalms 119:105
105. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my
IN THE TRANSFIGURATION GOD SAID HEAR MY SON
KJV Matthew 17:5
5. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed
them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved
Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
CHRIST IS THE AUTHORITY
KJV Hebrews 1:1-2
1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake
in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,
whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
HE IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH
KJV Ephesians 5:23-25
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ
is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ,
so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved
the church, and gave himself for it;
SPEAK OF THOSE THINGS THAT ARE SPIRITUAL AND NOT OF MEN
KJV 1 Corinthians 2:13
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which
man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual
things with spiritual.
YOU CANNOT BE A MAN PLEASER AND A GOD PLEASER AT THE SAME TIME
KJV Galatians 1:10
10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men?
for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
WE NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE GODíS WORD AS THE TRUTH AND NOT THE WORD OF
KJV 1 Thessalonians 2:13
13. For this cause also thank we God without ceasing,
because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received
it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which
effectually worketh also in you that believe.
CHRIST SAID THAT THE AUTHORITY IS HIS
KJV Matthew 28:18
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All
power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
IT IS HIS CHURCH
KJV Matthew 16:18
18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon
this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail
KJV Colossians 1:12-18
12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet
to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even
the forgiveness of sins:
15. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn
of every creature:
16. For by him were all things created, that are in
heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones,
or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by
him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things
18. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
PAUL BY INSPIRATION TOLD TIMOTHY TO PREACH THE WORD
KJV 2 Timothy 4:1-5
1. I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus
Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3. For the time will come when they will not endure
sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves
teachers, having itching ears;
4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth,
and shall be turned unto fables.
5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions,
do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
WE NEED TO BE CORRECT IN REALIAING THE AUTHORITY OF CHRIST THAT WE
WILL NOT BE IN VAIN
KJV Matthew 15:8-9
8. This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth,
and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments
SPEAK THE WORD OF THE LORD AS BALAAM
KJV Numbers 24:12-13
12. And Balaam said unto Balak, Spake I not also to thy messengers
which thou sentest unto me, saying,
13. If Balak would give me his house full of silver
and gold, I cannot go beyond the commandment of the Lord, to do either
good or bad of mine own mind; but what the Lord saith, that will I speak?
THE WAYS OF MEN LEAD TO DEATH
KJV Proverbs 14:12
12. There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the
end thereof are the ways of death.
WE ARE BLESSED IN READING GODíS WORD
KJV Revelation 1:3
3. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words
of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for
the time is at hand.
IF WE DO NOT AS THE SCRIPTURES WE WILL BE IN ERROR
KJV Matthew 22:29
29. Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing
the scriptures, nor the power of God.
WE NEED TO SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES
KJV John 5:39
39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have
eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
THE BEREANS WERE NOBLE BECAUSE THEY SEARCHED
KJV Acts 17:10-11
10. And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas
by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the
11. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica,
in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched
the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
IT IS BY THE SCRIPTURES WE KNOW ABOUT CHRIST AND HIS DEATH
KJV 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which
I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the
third day according to the scriptures:
CHRIST IS THE WORD Ė DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HIM
KJV John 1:1-5
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with
God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was
not any thing made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness
comprehended it not.
YOU HAVE TO HEAR THE WORD TO HAVE FAITH
KJV Romans 10:17
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of
YOU MUST BELIEVE THE GOSPEL PRIOR TO BEING OBEDIENT TO IT
KJV Mark 16:15-16
15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world,
and preach the gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that
believeth not shall be damned.
YOU MUST HAVE A CHANGE OF HEART AND MIND (REPENT)
KJV Acts 2:38
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one
of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall
receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
YOU MUST CONFESS AND BE BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST
KJV Acts 8:35-39
35. Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same
scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36. And as they went on their way, they came unto a
certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder
me to be baptized?
37. And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine
heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ
is the Son of God.
38. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and
they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he
39. And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the
Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on
his way rejoicing.
KJV Galatians 3:27
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put
YOU THEN BEING A CHRISTIAN A MEMBER OF THE LORDíS CHURCH (I COR 12:12-13)
MUST REMAIN FAITHFUL TO HIM (REV 2:10)
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.