WHAT IS FAITH
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
AN INHERITANCE RECEIVED THROUGH FAITH
KJV Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
JUSTIFIED BY FAITH
KJV Romans 5:1-2
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
STAND BY FAITH
KJV 2 Corinthians 1:24
Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.
BOLDNESS AND ACCESS WITH CONFIDENCE
KJV Ephesians 3:10-12
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12. In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
CHRIST IN YOUR HEART BY FAITH
KJV Ephesians 3:17
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and
grounded in love,
BE STRONG IN FAITH AS ABRAHAM
KJV Romans 4:19-20
And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:
20. He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
WE ARE ALL THE CHILDREN OF GOD BY FAITH
KJV Galatians 3:26
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD
KJV Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
CAN I BE SAVED BY FAITH ALONE
NO YOU CANNOT
KJV James 2:17-26
17. Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22. Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23. And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
24. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
HOW ARE YOU SAVED?
KJV Romans 10:14 How
then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall
they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear
without a preacher?
KJV Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
KJV Acts 26:20
20. But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
KJV Matthew 10:32-33
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him
will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
KJV Romans 10:9-10
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
KJV Acts 10:48
48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the
name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
KJV Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized
every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,
and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.